Boobytraps in Myopia Management
Sunday 15 March 11:15 - 12:15
This session is not only about incidence & prevalence, but will focus on the pitfalls in myopia management. Topics will be discussed like:
- Treatment outcome can be missleading
- “Past Performance is no Guarantee of Future Results”
- Myopia Stabilizes,… sometimes… but Exact Age Varies… and High Myopia may not
- Atropine Slows Myopia Progression, but the Concentration of Choice is Unclear
- Rebound is a Very Real Possibility for All Treatments
- There is no Evidence that Handheld Digital Devices are Myopigenic
- Age is the Most Important Determinant of Rate of Myopia Progression
- How to handle myopia progression when performing Myopia management
- When are we talking about progression….-0.25,-0.50 dpt?
- What about the combination of different types of management. Will this be the golden standard in the future?